Reminder about Mental Health Support
If you or your student needs urgent counseling support during the extended spring break, call Colorado Crisis Services at 844-493-TALK (8255), or text “Talk” to 38255. This service is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Starting Monday, March 30, families can contact their student’s school counselor, social worker, or psychologist on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. To find the name and phone number for your school’s mental health providers, please visit our Mental Health supports page at aurorak12.org/mental-health.
Please note that if your student has an Individualized Education Program or IEP, the mental health provider at your child’s school will contact you starting on March 31 to continue services based on your student’s IEP goals. Likewise, if your student has a 504 plan due to a disability, the mental health care professional at your child’s school will work with teachers to support 504 accommodations in an online setting.
Below are additional online resources that may be helpful.
- World Health Organization Infographic - Helping Children Cope with Stress
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Resources for Schools and Families During COVID-19/Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists Helping Kids Cope (English)
- National Association of School Psychologists Helping Kids Cope (Spanish)