Altura Elementary School
Welcome Back to the 2020 school year!
If you do not currently have internet access at home, but live in a Comcast area, you can sign up for 60 days of FREE Internet Essentials service. This is normally available to all qualified households for $9.95/month.
- Comcast is also increasing internet speeds for all existing customers who have Internet Essentials.
- To sign up, visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers: 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
- You can read the Comcast Letter here: Comcast Essentials Letter
- Check out how to use a mobile hotspot for internet here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9V643h0VKU&feature=youtu.be
Remote Learning Resources Website
We are developing a remote learning resources website, which will serve as a one-stop shop for all of our information and resources. You may access the website beginning Monday, March 30. We will share the website information with you when it is available.
APS Help Desk
The APS Help Desk is open to all families and staff for technical support on weekdays starting on Monday, March 30. If you need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. You can also reach out to our tech teacher, Travis Winter, for additional support at email@example.com
Tips for Parents and Guardians To Support Remote Learning
- Establish a routine or schedule: During any big transition, consistency is key. Try to keep normal meal and bed times, and start learning when school typically starts each day.
- Take time to check in with your child: If possible, pick a specific time each day to check in with your child. Questions you may want to ask include: What are you learning today? Are there materials you need? What did you enjoy about today? What was challenging?
- Provide time for physical activity: Physical activity is important for everyone’s wellbeing. There are many resources with great ideas for physical activity, play and discovery.
- Stay updated on communications from your child’s teacher and school: School staff will provide virtual opportunities to engage and support students and families. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns.